Terms of Service
FERN (Food Emergency Response Network) Web System Terms of Service:
This agreement is between the FERN and the users of the FERN Web system. The system is housed at the University of Minnesota, National Center for Food Protection and Defense in Saint Paul, MN. As a user of the site (www.fernlab.org) you will not provide any false information and agree to update and correct any information you have provided which becomes outdated or misleading. You must use the site consistent with all applicable laws and regulations. Use of the FERN web system (e.g., website, applications, processes, etc) is contingent upon your acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
- Use of this FERN application or the laboratory information therein for commercial or publication purposes is strictly prohibited without the expressed written permission of the laboratory that is the original source of the information, (i.e. source of authority).
- FERN desires the information contained within to be up-to date and accurate; however, FERN neither takes responsibility for nor guarantees the accuracy of the laboratory contact and assessment information. You should direct any questions regarding the laboratory information contained within the FERN web system to the laboratory that is the original source of the information.
- By submitting your laboratory’s contact and assessment information to FERN, you declare that it is correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge at the time of submission. Submission of your laboratory’s contact and assessment information to FERN makes it available to authorized FERN users.
- Participation within FERN requires that each user must receive a unique user-ID and password assigned by a FERN or laboratory system administrator.
- The user shall take all reasonable measures to protect access to the FERN application and data including, but not limited to:
- You will not share your user-ID and password with any other individual
- You will actively secure access to the FERN application by logging-off of the FERN application or the implementation of a password-protected screen saver while away from your desktop/workstation
- You will protect access to the FERN website by not actively circumventing FERN security mechanisms
- You will utilize an up-to-date virus screening software on your desktop/workstation
- Your submissions do not entitle you to any compensation, monetary or other.
- Those who do not accept or adhere to these conditions will be prohibited from accessing the FERN Web system.